SPRING INTO MARCH NEWS
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY ON
MARCH 17th DURING SPRING BREAK!!!
It is hard to believe that we only have a little over three months left in our school year. This year has really moved along at a very fast pace!
Here are some events that will take place in our classroom this month:
1. Spring Break is right around the corner and will give everyone a much needed break...Spring Break is March 13-16th.
2. Report cards for the 3rd nine Wks. Will be sent home on Wednesday, March 21. Please have your child return the report card envelope signed by a parent or guardian before returning to school.
3. Spring Pictures are scheduled for Tuesday, March 21st....Students can dress up and show off their beautiful smiles!
4. In our classroom, we will be working hard on upcoming preparations for the Writing STAAR test on Tuesday, April 10, 2018
In order to help your child have a successful day of testing, please read the following:
- Have your child get plenty of rest the night before.
- Be sure they have a good breakfast in the morning.
- So that they do not feel rushed, students need to arrive to school on time (by 7:30am), since we will begin shortly after announcements. This will also help them stay focused and calm at the beginning of the day.
- Visitors are not allowed during testing school days. (See the school website for more information should you have any questions regarding this policy.)
- A light snack will be provided by the school, however, your child is welcome to bring a snack of their choice as well. (No Cheetos, sticky, or greasy foods, please.)
- They will need to bring their own water bottles from home.
- I will have limited time to access my email or answer my class phone during that day, so please make sure your child knows their afternoon pick-up routine. Please contact the office directly at 512-414-2336 if you need assistance.
- Finally, please remind your child to bring their chapter books with them to school.
Thank you for your continued support in your child's education! Have a great Oak Hill day!
As we move through the days in this nine weeks, we will continue our learning with focus on the following:
Reading: Theme: Working Together to achieve a goal...Treasures stories: Ima and the Great Ostrich Race and My Brother's Flying Machine.
Writing: Compostion/Revising & Editing practice in preparation for the STAAR Writing Assessment on Tuesday, March 28th.
Social Studies: The Republic of Texas1836-1846
Math, Science, and Health are being taught by Mrs. Chedsey this year. Please feel free to contact Mrs. Chedsey if you have any questions regarding the Math/Science/Health curriculm. Mrs. Chedsey's contact information is:
firstname.lastname@example.org \; classroom phone number: 512-841-3938.